This CNELM award is an excellent adjunct for a range of existing practitioners who wish to include dietary education in their practice.
Students studying on the degree in nutritional science or personalised nutrition with or without the CNELM Nutritional Therapy Practice Diploma have the opportunity to gain this award part-way through study subject to meeting all requirements for the Certificate.
Graduates of the DEC work with clients without diagnosed chronic disease or on complex medication to help them make informed choices about their diet. Writing about food and giving talks about food and health to the public is an anticipated outcome of this course.
The Dietary Educator Certificate is accredited by the Federation of Holistic Therapists (FHT) and successful graduates can apply to register with the FHT and gain insurance to use the qualification.
- ‘A’ levels A-C or equivalent in Human Biology & Chemistry (or similar subjects), OR CNELM’s Bioscience Entry modules: Chemistry & Human Biology
- GCSE in mathematics, or equivalent, OR CNELM’s Maths Foundation module
- GCSE in English Language or equivalent
- IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL equivalent is the standard requirement for applicants where English is not their first language
- Basic computer skills including word processing, internet browsing and use of email
NB: GCSE and ‘A’ level, or equivalent qualifications accepted within a 5-year currency or demonstrating continued application in the workplace.
The modules on this course are similar to modules on Level 4 (year 1) of the BSc (Hons) Nutritional Science programme and assessments will be similar to students taking these modules on the BSc programme..
For further information regarding entry requirements, course content and fees, please refer to our full Prospectus.