At CNELM we understand that making the right choice for your education and future career is important. As a private higher education centre we are committed to teaching nutrition courses that have international and professional recognition.
NS3UK Ltd (CNELM) was founded by Kate Neil in 2001 with the aim to provide high quality, accessible, globally relevant and engaging education in personalised nutrition.
Our primary focus is teaching university validated higher education nutrition degree courses which we have been doing successfully since January 2003. The BSc (Hons) Nutritional Science and the MSc in Personalised Nutrition are validated for distance learning meeting our intentions to reach out to a global audience.
As nutrition is underpinned by bioscience we provide bioscience entry courses for access to the undergraduate and postgraduate degrees that can be part-attended or accessed fully online.
Applicants who choose to study with us that also wish to practice as a nutritional therapist can combine their degree studies with CNELM’s Personalised Nutrition Practice Diploma (PNPD) which is Endorsed by Qualifi. The PNPD can be integrated alongside or taken after the undergraduate and the postgraduate degree courses. The PNPD is fully online. Some attendance opportunities may be reinstated later in 2022 subject to the impact of the global pandemic and student demand.
CNELM students are encouraged and supported by our Research Team and Head of Student Research to publish their research. We are celebrating our 21st Anniversary this year and will showcase staff and student research publications on the day.
We provide shorter nutrition and coaching courses as standalone CNELM qualifications.
Partnership with Middlesex University
The degree courses we teach are validated by Middlesex University:
- BSc Hons Nutritional Science (Distance Learning)
- MSc/PG Dip in Personalised Nutrition (Distance Learning)
Nutritional Therapy Accreditation
The three routes to nutritional therapy practice that we teach are accredited by the Nutritional Therapy Education Commission (NTEC):
- BSc Hons Nutritional Science (distance learning) + Personalised Nutrition Practice Diploma (PNPD) – PNPD part attendance and online
- MSc in Personalised Nutrition (distance learning) + PNPD part attendance and online
- PG Diploma in Personalised Nutrition (distance learning) + PNPD part attendance and online
Successfully completing an NTEC accredited nutritional therapy course enables graduates to apply to register with the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC), and to become a member of the professional body, the British Association for Applied Nutrition & Nutritional Therapy (BANT) (subject to having met the requirements of the CNHC and BANT). Registration and membership is the prerogative of CNHC and BANT and not CNELM.
The CNHC is the UK Voluntary Regulator for complementary therapists. CNHC’s register has been approved as an Accredited Voluntary Register by the Professional Standard Authority for Health and Social Care.
Other Nutrition & Coaching Courses
We teach other shorter courses enabling graduates to seek memberships of other professional associations.
The NLP Practitioner Certificate we teach (Neuro-Linguistic Programming) is an internationally recognised qualification. On successful completion of the course you will receive an NLP Practitioner certificate from UKCPD and can apply for professional membership of the ANLP.
The CNELM Dietary Educator Certificate is accredited by the Federation of Holistic Therapists (FHT). Graduates of this course can apply to register with the FHT.
CNELM is a wholly controlled not-for-profit subsidiary of NS3UK Ltd and provides educational services to NS3UK Ltd. NS3UK Ltd is:
NS3UK Ltd is directed by
- Kate Neil
- Martin Neil
- James Neil
- Christopher Neil
NS3UK Ltd is:
- a collaborative partner with Middlesex University;
- owns the intellectual property of its courses and materials;
- oversees and assures the educational services provided by CNELM and in context of Memorandums of Agreement with Middlesex University;
- oversees the development of courses and programmes and in context of the 17 Essential Requirements of the NTEC, the Personalised Nutrition Practice Diploma Endorsed by Qualifi and the Dietary Educator Certificate accredited by the Federation of Holistic Therapists.
CNELM employs staff to direct, lead and manage courses, teach, mark, assess and support students participating in NS3UKs educational courses in compliance with:
- Memorandum/s of cooperation and a Partnership Agreement with Middlesex University and the UK Quality Codes for Higher Education and the Framework for Higher Education in the UK, Wales and Northern Ireland for validated degree courses etc.
- Professional requirements of accrediting bodies and course Endorsement
- Legal requirements