CNELM is committed to supporting students with prior learning to join our courses at an advanced stage. Typical applicants seeking exemptions from modules are:
- Applicants who have completed a degree course and are seeking specific module exemptions based on a prior degree award, or other courses recognised within the academic framework as degree equivalent.
- Nutritional therapy diploma graduates of certificated courses that are not accredited or validated by a University or other providers such as BTEC.
- Applicants who have previously completed an NLP Practitioner (neuro-linguistic programming) course and hold an NLP Practitioner Certificate
- Graduates seeking a Return to Practice Study Plan
BSc (Hons) Nutritional Science, Dietary Educator and Nutrition Coach Diploma
Applicants wishing to join the BSc (Hons) Nutritional Science, Dietary Educator Certificate or Nutrition Coach Diploma courses at an advanced stage must have:
- degree credits to transfer within a 5-year currency and/or can demonstrate continued use of knowledge in the workplace OR
- generate a Portfolio of Evidence to demonstrate how prior certificated learning without degree credits meets the learning outcomes for the modules being claimed
MSc/PG Dip/Cert in Personalised Nutrition
Applicants wishing to join the MSc/PG Dip /Cert in Personalised Nutrition at an advanced stage must have completed, with assessment, prior CNELM postgraduate modules that were part of a Middlesex University (MU) accredited programme. Applicants that completed prior CNELM postgraduate modules must demonstrate continued use of the knowledge.
CNELM Nutritional Therapy Practice Diploma (NTPD)
Applicants wishing to join Foundation and Advanced Coaching taught as part of the CNELM Nutritional Therapy Practice of the NTPD course at an advanced stage must have completed a prior NLP Practitioner certificated course within the last 5 years and/or demonstrate continued use of the qualification.
- Applicants exempted from attending Foundation & Advanced Coaching modules must complete coaching assignments to demonstrate transferring knowledge and skill as applied to nutritional therapy clinical practice. A fee for support, marking and assessment is applied.
- Applicants can opt to refresh skills by attending part or all of Foundation & Advanced Coaching at a reduced cost. Fees to refresh will vary depending on how much of the course is attended.
Applicants wishing to join Dietary Educator Practice, Intermediate Nutritional Therapy Practice, Advanced Nutritional Therapy Practice and Nutrition Enterprise must demonstrate through a Portfolio of Evidence claims for module exemptions.
Portfolio of Evidence
Portfolios of Evidence are formally accredited by CNELM’s Collaborative Partner Accreditation Panel (CPAP) for degree modules; and at the NTPD Verification Panel for NTPD modules.
To ensure quality standards the Link Tutor from Middlesex University attends the CPAP meetings; and the External Verifier for the NTPD attends the NTPD Verification Panel Meetings.
CNELM Programme Leaders review Portfolios of Evidence and work with Advanced Learner students to help them present their Portfolios. Programme Leaders present the final Portfolio to the CPAP and the NTPD Verification Panel.
Portfolio development can be a cost and time-effective way to benefit from your prior learning. CNELM is committed to helping applicants maximise on their prior learning.
If you believe you are eligible for transfer of degree credits or in a position to generate a Portfolio of Evidence then please contact us to request a copy of our Advanced Learner Policy. We can then discuss with you and offer one-to-one guidance, as appropriate to your needs. Guidance for completing Portfolios is available following interview.