CNELM is committed to supporting students with prior learning to join our courses at an advanced stage. Typical applicants seeking exemptions from modules are:
- Applicants who have completed a degree course and are seeking specific module exemptions based on a prior degree award, or other courses recognised within the academic framework as degree equivalent.
- Nutritional therapy diploma graduates of certificated courses that are not formally accredited from a University or other providers such as BTEC.
- Applicants who have previously completed an NLP Practitioner (neuro-linguistic programming) course and hold an NLP Practitioner Certificate
BSc (Hons) Nutritional Science, Dietary Educator and Nutrition Coach Diploma
Applicants wishing to join the BSc (Hons) Nutritional Science, Dietary Educator Certificate or Nutrition Coach Diploma courses at an advanced stage must have:
- degree credits to transfer within a 5-year currency and/or can demonstrate continued use of knowledge OR
- generate a Portfolio of Evidence to demonstrate how prior certificated learning without degree credits meets the learning outcomes for the modules being claimed
MSc/PG Dip/Cert in Personalised Nutrition
Applicants wishing to join the MSc/PG Dip /Cert in Personalised Nutrition at an advanced stage must have completed, with assessment, prior CNELM postgraduate modules that were part of a Middlesex University (MU) accredited programme. Completion of these modules must be within the last 5 years and/or applicants can demonstrate continued use of the knowledge.
CNELM Nutritional Therapy Practice Diploma (NTPD)
Applicants wishing to join Module 1: Coaching in Nutritional Therapy Practice of the NTPD course at an advanced stage must have completed a prior NLP Practitioner certificated course within the last 5 years and/or demonstrate continued use of the qualification.
- Applicants exempted from attending this module must complete coaching assignments related to Module 2 Nutritional Therapy Practice of the NTPD to demonstrate transferring knowledge and skill as applied to nutritional therapy clinical practice. In this instance applicants will not incur any cost for Module 1.
- Applicants who wish to refresh skills will have the opportunity to take access support from the course team and complete some assessments from Module 1 Coaching in Nutritional Therapy Practice. Fees to refresh are variable dependent on the amount being refreshed but are no more than 50% of the normal module fee.
Applicants wishing to join Module 2: Nutritional Therapy Practice of the NTPD course at an advanced stage must demonstrate through a Portfolio of Evidence claims for either the Business or Practice elements of the programme.
Portfolio of Evidence
CNELM runs its own Collaborative Partner Accreditation panel (CPAP). This allows CNELM to assess portfolios of evidence submitted by students who wish to claim module exemption from the courses we teach based on prior study at other institutions.
CNELM will review Portfolios of Evidence which are accredited via the Collaborative Partner Accreditation Panel subject to meeting accreditation standards. Portfolio development is a cost and time-effective way to benefit from your prior learning. CNELM is committed to helping applicants maximise on their prior learning.
If you believe you are eligible for transfer of degree credits or in a position to generate a Portfolio of Evidence then please contact us to request a copy of our Advanced Learner Policy. We can then discuss with you and offer one-to-one guidance, as appropriate to your needs. Guidance for completing Portfolios is available following interview.