The Teaching Clinic
The Teaching Clinic at CNELM offers Nutritional Therapy consultations for members of the public upon completion of an initial enquiry form. To register your interest in participating in the student clinic, please complete the Enquiry Form and email or post it to: Janet Lakin, Clinic Manager on the details on the form.
To recognise your commitment to support student training, appointments in our Teaching Clinic are free of charge. This makes it an excellent and cost effective way to access a Nutritional Therapy consultation. Purchase of tests or nutritional supplements that might be recommended as part of the consultation are optional.
Is Nutritional Therapy For You?
- Do you suffer from stress, frequent headaches, digestive symptoms, skin conditions or other health complaints?
- Are you trying to lose weight but nothing seems to work?
- Do you want to enhance your sports performance and fitness?
- Are you planning a family, pregnant, breastfeeding or approaching the menopause?
- Would you like to support your health and well-being now and for the future?
If you have answered ‘Yes’ to any of the above then Nutritional Therapy is likely to be right for you.
Nutritional Therapy is relevant for individuals with chronic health conditions as well as those looking for support to enhance their health and well-being.
The Consultation Process
The teaching clinic offers an initial 2 hour nutritional therapy consultation during which we will:
- Discuss what you would like to gain from the consultation
- Review your completed health questionnaire
- Explain our findings and recommendations and negotiate a way forward that is unique to you
- Arrange a suitable date for a 1 hour return visit (6-8 weeks later) to review your programme and offer further guidance.
Following Your Appointment
Following each visit you will be sent recommendations and guidance on how to keep in contact between visits.
All full nutritional therapy consultations are supervised by degree qualified nutritional therapists and coach practitioners. Our supervisors are committed to providing a high quality of care and hold a current enhanced CRB certificate.
Our nutritional therapy supervisors are members of the professional body BANT and registered with the CNHC.
Academic and Professional
Most of our students will be studying one of the following degree courses which are validated by Middlesex University, combined with CNELM’s Nutritional Therapy Practice Diploma (NTPD):
- BSc Hons Nutritional Science + NTPD
- MSc/PG Dip in Personalised Nutrition + NTPD
The above programmes are accredited by the Nutritional Therapy Education Commission (NTEC), enabling graduates to apply to register with the professional body BANT, and the Regulatory Body, the CNHC. Our coaching courses leading to NLP Practitioner status enable graduates to apply to register with the ANLP.
- To aid student learning, we require written permission to record and electronically store the recording of consultations.
- To participate in the student clinic, permission to contact your doctor, if needed, is required.