Our vision is to be viewed as a Centre of Excellence, steering the integration of nutritional therapy and personalised nutrition to being a widely accessible and accepted healthcare option within mainstream and complementary healthcare.
- To provide globally accessible high quality education and training in nutritional science, nutritional therapy and personalised nutrition enabling graduates of our courses to help us achieve our Vision through their work with clients, groups, communities and organisations;
- To contribute meaningfully to the development of an evidenced-based approach to support personalised nutrition interventions by using advanced statistical techniques known as statistical machine learning (SML) to overcome the limitations of randomised controlled trials (RCTs);
- Raise the profile of the nutritional therapy profession nationally and internationally;
- Provide a forum for nutrition professionals to share experience and expertise;
- Promote lifelong learning and provide opportunities for continuing professional development.
- Engender commitment, accountability, integrity and partnership among staff and students in line with our Vision and Mission;
- Promote excellence, consistency and commitment in our teaching and support to students;
- Communicate with staff and students with transparency and fairly;
- Acknowledge successes achieved by staff and students;
- To support staff to continue their education and life long learning;
- Work as a team to promote excellence and a collegiate environment with students, staff and other Stakeholders;
- To implement systems that support staff and students to work effectively;
- Create an environment where staff and students enjoy being at work and studying with us.
Strategic Priorities 2012-2015
- Organisational restructure to support the growth and development of the Centre in a sustainable manner;
- Career development for staff;
- Enhancing career opportunities for graduates;
- Commitment to quality and excellence in all that we do;
- Enhancing systems to support staff and students effectively;
- Publication of our research strategy towards contributing to the evidence base to support personalised nutrition interventions;
- Development of new courses.
At CNELM our aim is to build a Research Centre, with active postdoctoral, PhD and MSc researchers focusing on an integrated approach to evidence based personalised medicine. However, our aim is also to build bridges between academic communities: bringing together researchers in SML and systems biology with practitioners in nutritional therapy and functional medicine. This, we hope, will contribute to a revolution in healthcare that will bring nutritional therapy and functional medicine squarely into the mainstream.