At CNELM we understand that making the right choice for your education and future career is important. As a private educational centre we are committed to providing nutrition courses that have international and professional recognition.
CNELM was founded by Kate Neil in 2001 with the aim to provide high quality, accessible, globally relevant and engaging education in personalised nutrition. Our primary focus is teaching university validated higher education nutrition degree courses which we have been doing successfully since 2003. The BSc (Hons) Nutritional Science and the MSc in Personalised Nutrition are validated for distance learning meeting our intentions to reach out to a global audience.
As nutrition is a bioscience discipline we provide bioscience entry courses for access to the undergraduate and postgraduate degrees that can be part-attended or accessed fully online.
Applicants who choose to study with us that also wish to practice as a nutritional therapist can combine their degree studies with CNELM’s Nutritional Therapy Practice Diploma (NTPD). The NTPD can be integrated alongside or taken after the undergraduate and the postgraduate degree courses. A range of shorter nutrition and coaching courses are also available as standalone CNELM qualifications.
Partnership with Middlesex University
The degree courses we teach are validated by Middlesex University:
- BSc Hons Nutritional Science (Distance Learning)
- MSc/PG Dip in Personalised Nutrition (Distance Learning)
Nutritional Therapy Accreditation
The two routes to nutritional therapy practice that we teach are accredited by the Nutritional Therapy Education Commission (NTEC):
- BSc Hons Nutritional Science (distance learning) + CNELM Nutritional Therapy Practice Diploma (NTPD) – NTPD part attendance and online
- MSc or PG Dip in Personalised Nutrition (distance learning) + NTPD part attendance and online
NB: Part attendance relates to an NLP Practitioner course that is part of the NTPD. NLP Practitioner courses are internationally available and can usually be taken locally subject to approval of a course by the Module Leader for Advanced Coaching.
Successfully completing an NTEC-accredited nutritional therapy course enables graduates to apply to register with the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC), and to become a member of the professional body, the British Association for Applied Nutrition & Nutritional Therapy (BANT). This is includes graduates living overseas.
The CNHC is the UK voluntary regulator for complementary therapists. CNHC’s register has been approved as an Accredited Voluntary Register by the Professional Standard Authority for Health and Social Care.
Short Nutrition & Coaching Courses
We teach several shorter nutrition courses enabling graduates to seek memberships of other professional associations.
The NLP Practitioner Certificate we teach (Neuro-Linguistic Programming) is an internationally recognised qualification. On successful completion of the course you will receive an NLP Practitioner certificate from the ANLP professional body which entitles you to apply to them for membership.
The CNELM Dietary Educator Certificate is accredited by the Federation of Holistic Therapists (FHT). Graduates of this course can apply to register with the FHT.
Our short Food for Health course is open to all and is an ideal way of finding out if a career in nutrition is right for you.
CNELM is a wholly controlled not-for-profit subsidiary of NS3UK Ltd and provides educational services to NS3UK Ltd. NS3UK Ltd is:
- the collaborative partner with Middlesex University;
- owns the intellectual property of its courses and materials;
- oversees and assures the educational services provided by CNELM and in context of Memorandums of Agreement with Middlesex University;
- oversees the development of courses and programmes
CNELM is directed by
- Kate Neil Managing Director and Head of Quality Assurance
- Martin Neil Business Director
- James Neil Director of Research and Principal
- Christopher Neil Director of IT and Head of Student Recruitment
CNELM employs staff to teach, mark, assess and support students participating in NS3UKs educational courses in compliance with:
- Memorandum/s of cooperation and a Partnership Agreement with Middlesex University and the UK Quality Codes for Higher Education and the Framework for Higher Education in the UK, Wales and Northern Ireland for validated degree courses etc.
- Professional requirements of accrediting bodies